Sign in to follow this  
will

Data East star wars help.... going slightly mad here people

Hello all...

Please can someone advise as to what I am doing wrong.

I have a pin sound board that I had installed into my guns n roses which worked perfectly and most awesomely.. Now I decided to install the board into my star wars , this is where it all goes wrong.

I have tried now 14 tomes to get this to work and each time it is doing the same thing.

I download the files as i have done with guns, and instal into the board it does all the usual stuff decompressing and then installing then when the game starts it just churns out random R2-D2 sounds and a faster remix of the original pinball score with crazy wookie growls ? i have tried turning the volume down and it makes the  little jingle and then for  about two seconds it plays more random sounds You start a game and there are no sounds. The odd thing is all the sounds are from the original mix which I have not put on the stick. 

Also I have tried each mix separately several times and always the same results , I even drove to my mates who has the sound board in his star wars and took his card and stuck it in mine, of course this didn't work as the files were already decompressed by  his game. But I also took his original files and added them to my stick as well to make sure it wasn't an issue with my file download and still the same outcome.

"Help me pin sound Community your my only hope "

cheers 

will

What zip file did you use ? tried with mine ?

Can you make a video when turning on your pinball ?

Are you sure the wires and ribbon are in the right place

What is your USB audio folder looks like, post a pic ?

Are you using a PC ?

Rats, this treat stopped! I have a friends SWDE at the moment and just installed with exactly the same result. I have the boards in TZ, IJ, DW with no problems. Checked the USB - All files have been converted correctly by the board to wav - using juliens remix. Ribbon cable is red1 to red1. Did will get a resolution?

It's all good. DId the combo of volume pot to full, checked ribbon cable red to number 1 side (its the opposite on the DE pins on the pinsound board by the way - 1 is on the left, and on the right for the others). Great work, sounds fantastic.