jrawlinson_2000

Missing sounds and non-stop sounds

I have made a re-mix of Road Show but have noticed that some original sounds do not stop playing, they do after a while I guess when a sound becomes the priority and overrides the playing one.

I have noticed that in the software there would appear to be some (2) missing items 255 & 51, I presume this is the reason why I am having this problem, i.e. the missing sound would presumably stop the previous sound. 

What can be done about this?

>>> [info] missing : 255 0xff

>>> [info] missing : 51 0x33

I also would like to upload my Roadshow OST but it is 1.2Gb in size is there any other way I can share with the community?

HI j,

I'm mucking about with my Roadshow as well. I've got the same problem with the repeating sound when you purchase an item at Bob's. I'll keep playing with the software and see. I'm still learning about uploading, but hopefully someone will let us know so we can compare results.

Have you worked out a way to prevent the main theme from starting up over and over whenever a sound effect is started? I've subbed a song, and just keep hearing the first few lines of it.

Hi,

I think you are talking about the music that plays before the ball launch, then when you launch it plays another track.

I get the same thing, but I quite like it, it was a tad odd to start with but I have now got used to it.

Do you want to have my Road Show OST?

What music are you using? I'm Creedance Clearwater and a few Little Richard tracks.

I've managed to fix it. Just did a loop of the intro to my title track - "on the road again" by Willie nelson. Put to bass loop in the 0001 music folder, then cropped the start of the song so he sings when the ball goes over the switch. I'll upload. I've use Willie, beverly hillbillies kicks in on a Friday, John stewart/stevie nicks for Gold, a surprise multi ball song (sorry Miss Carter - do like your song too).

I'll try the upload thing now. Love to check yours out too.

No. Still get it repeating until the ball is out of the lock. Stops when it hits something else. I've uploaded mine, but hasn't appeared yet. Do you want me to put it in dropbox?

I have a non stopping sound with getaway.  SAfter a ball enters the turbo charger, its starts up a sound and it keeps getting playing while increasing the pitch.  Kinda cool, but not right.  Is this related?

Regarding the issue with the Getaway, thanks for the suggestion urbanledge. However, after going through all of the files individually I still can't find the source of the problem much to my frustration. I was convinced the folder was in "sfx" and called"000174-engine" but the problem persisted even after removing that wav file from the thumb drive. 

Has anyone been able to resolve?

I fixed it slydog43... The offending file is in the "music" folder and called "000180 Multiball". I created a duplicate thumb drive and removed this file from the second version through a process of elimination. The supercharger is once again a pleasure to hit! I am yet to discover where that file will be needed later on. I suspect it is the whistling  noise from the supercharger that you hear when you hit the ball into the hideout in multi ball to get the jackpot. If so, it might be best moved into the "SFX" folder. Ran out of time to test that tonight.

Found another repeating sound in Machine: The Champion Pub.  The sound file in folder 000249-skill-shot seems to be the culprit.  I have moved it around to different folders but still get a repeating sound.  Any other ideas or is it a firmware issue.  thanks

Reguarding the repeating sound in The Getaway, the problem is i can not locate the sound. It is a sort of turbo whinning or whistling sound that constantly increases in pitch. If i could i would just deleate it but as i said i can't even find it. I assume because it is a sound that increases in pitch over time that it will not sound the same when i play it manually. Any suggestions?