scutters

Pinsound Studio 19.07.2

Sorry, meant to post back.

Yep, couldn't get the new version working with VPX either. I couldn't even see anything to indicate it's listening for vpinmame, seemed to be a package editor only - but maybe i'm missing something. Will have another look when i get chance. For now i've gone back to the previous version as i'd just renamed the folder.

Edited by scutters

I think you're right, seems to be a package editor only now.  The new installation package seems to be missing the pinmame roms list lookup file, which I guess isn't a good sign.  I've posted a question about it on the pinsound Q&A page anyway.  

Hmm, don't see that question posted. Wiped?

If you are into conspiracy theories, you might not be surprised if the next step is re-encrypting the packs to cut out the virtual crowd altogether. :/

Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot as far as content goes. Supporting virtual machines actually makes development much easier and quicker for authors even if they own the real table. Cuts out the steps of copying to storage, extracting to the hardware, etc., etc. 

The new PinSound Studio Pro has been fully rewritten, I focused on making sure it was easy to use and allow anyone to customize the different sound package settings (channel volume, individual gain, motion control shaker / relay settings, ...).

I'll continue to work on new features in the future, thanks for your support (and patience) :)