Philip VB

Pinsound+ Addams Family

Just received the pinsound +; great sounds.

I unzipped all audio files onto the usb drive; it installed it but i get only sound when the USB remain at the usb drive.  If i unplug the usb stick i dont get any sounds

Is this required the usb drive remains into the drive? As per me it should install on the device memory and you can remove the usb stick again

The USB drive needs to be in place, yes.

You can select some audio clips to be preloaded via the pinstudio software, for samples that require fast delivery with low latency, like popbumpers and slingshots. 

On 13/7/2018 at 9:26 AM, Hazzard said:

The USB drive needs to be in place, yes.

You can select some audio clips to be preloaded via the pinstudio software, for samples that require fast delivery with low latency, like popbumpers and slingshots. 

HI, I got the board and I wil try to get ti working this week and I have some questions
1 - The files on the USB have to be at root? or ( as i read somewhere) the sub folders like voice, music, etc must be inside a folder named audio?

2 - config.pinsound  file should be at USB root or inside the audio folder (if that audio folder is necessary)

3- on this tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsOUNBO8ACA you can see that afer pinsound is installed and powered it on, a process begins (minute 10:53) you can hear the message " performing audio conversion please wait"   later at 12:03 you can hear   " 90% completed" and finally this conversion seems to be finished and the sound sarts to play

So, what this conversion is? is it the process where the files from USB are copying to Pinsound board's memory?

I will really appreciate your answer.

Thaanks,

Flavio (from Uruguay) 

Edited by flaviojuan2121

1. Yes, all the files insider a folder named Audio at root. 

2.  The config file should also be in the audio folder. 

3. The board is converting the files onto the USB stick. So, no files are being stored inside the board memory. 

You can unzip the files before transfering to the USB stick. That will save you alot of time. 

The pinside board reads .wav files

Just post here if you get stuck 🙂👍