Bram Stokers Dracula

Hazzard

Hi!

I am currently working on a reorchestration/re-sound design on Bram Stokers Dracula. 

Since I am a big fan of the movie, I am for now using most of the moviesoundtrack istead of the original score by Paul Heitsch, witch is awesome, but unfortunately a bit dated soundwise . Maybe later I will take the time to reorchestrate it. But, the movie soundtrack also works really great.  

I am also creating multiple layers of new sounds and samples. Trying to make it more exiting with real sounds and effects instead of the mono synth-effects. All new samples and effects are really dynamic and in stereo!  

I`m able to extract the dialouge call outs from the movie`s DTS 5.1 center channel info, but some voice samples created especially for the game like "extra ball" and so on, is not easy to re-create. They will possibly be left out, unless some of you know a great impersonator, or have access to the master recordings :-)

This takes a lot of time, but I would say I`m half way done. So in a few weeks I will upload to the community.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Hazzard. Got my machine and your mix up and running - great jobe mate.

I have one small glitch at initial powerup where I get a very short soundfile happening.Do you or anyone else get this as well?

I've been tweaking your mix with some levels and will also try a new boot up file today.

In the file structure for each sound there is also a pinsound config file which seems strange? I don't have this on any of my pther machines or mixes?

Any idea on this?

Thanks again

Hi! The pinsound config files are volume settings for the files in that folder. When you adjust gain/volume in the pinsound studio program, it makes these files to tell the pinsound board what level to play the sound. 

The short soundfile could be a short knock sound effect i put in instead of the original "attension/creditt available" sound effect. Just a suggestion..

Just curious, what levels do you find out of place? I know the one where Dracula tells you "that was not very successfull" is too loud and not such great quality..☺️

Although, the great thing about pinsound is that everyone can adjust to taste  ??

I have a new version with level adjustments and eq adjustments especially for the Jonathan/castle lock sounds, and other new samples. I found the original Dracula laughter in a advertisement video for the game on YouTube, that was Nice! But I have not uploaded yet. If you want it, I can send you a link ☺️

Edited by Hazzard

Its to long since i did it last time :-( sorry

I took the BSD zip file onto usb and the pinsound board starts to convert and done jingle says ok, but after reboot noting no sounds and no music?

Please help me i can see that normaly there are 4 maps but the new BSD has 5 maps any idea?

i can paypal :-) as i promised to the creator "Hazzard"

Edited by m_swede

To understand this man Hazzard , well i can ONLY say THANK YOU you are the best

This game is now as it should have been, these sounds are so great that Williams would have sold 3000 more off the games

When i renovated Data East Laser War and got the gratitude from Stern this guy Hazzard should get 1000 more Gratitudes from the all

ONCE again the ever best , i will now NEVER sell my games!!!!!!!!

Best regards and thanks again Hazzard!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I put this new mix into my BSD and wired it for stereo sound.  Its pretty amazing and really shows off how sound can make a game more enjoyable.  I did find a few of the voice calls to be a bit low but other than that it is one of the best examples for pinsound out there today.  Thanks Hazzard!

Thank you! It means a lot getting nice feedback ??

I'm working on a Sega Frankenstein remix these days. That game is really starting to shine now. But, I only have one pinsound board and I'm getting really excited to play Dracula again. Even maybe do some more fine tuning of the mix ?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, walleyefisher said:

Hazzard - Your remix of BSD is why I bought a Pinsound board over the weekend at TPF.  Looking forward to getting it installed and playing.

Thanks

Cool! Thank you :-)
Did they have the game on display for you to try?
Now, remember to wire the speakers in stereo :-)

And let me know if you need any help with the mix.

Working on Frankenstein now, that game is really brought to life with new audio.

Henning

Edited by Hazzard

• 1 month later...

Good morning!

It`s been a while since i have played my Dracula pin due too my pinsound board had been transfered to my frankenstein pin for a remix. 

Now I have a pinsound board for my Dracula and I played it a while yesterday. I found a few level issues (voices mostly, like 20 million and such) and I think general balance issues. So I will upload a new version with level fixes and maybe also some new exiting FX/voices next week :-) 

It helps beeing away from projects sometimes. It`s like getting a fresh listen with new ears :-) 

Edited by Hazzard