pinballshark

STTNG Game Over Music Won't Stop Looping

I fixed it!

The 000220 directory is missing in all the mixes. Without it, you get the looping music at end game. 

Here's how to fix it. 

Within a STTNG mix, in the "music" directory, create a directory called "000220-silence". 

In the "000220-silence" directory, put a file called silence.wav. All that file will play is dead air, nothing. 

In my current mix, my slience.wav file is .5 seconds long. This file will be played at the end of the music fade of the game over song creating, you guessed it, silence. 

My STTNG mix is almost ready and it will have this fix within it. I've attached the silence.wav file if you want to use it.

silence.wav

That did not work, but I just moved the folder in sfx called "sparkling" to the singles folder, where I have different bonus and end of ball sounds, and that did it :-) 
It now plays a nice little scary sound at the end of the game over music timer, and the music dont come back. 

Edited by Hazzard

Hi Pinballshark

When i download and use your mix, i still have the looping game over music, although it is now two loud clicks before the music, and after the fade it is a continuous looping clicking sound.

When i look at the file structure in the zip file, i see a folder and file called STTNG_Ultimate/music/0294842247-silence/silence.wav

But in your recent post about how to fix it you are talking about creating a folder called 000220-silence? But even if i add a folder called 000220-silence containing your silence.wav file to the zip file and have pinsound load it up, it still plays the clicking sound.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong? And what should the actual folder containing the silence file be named?

EDIT: I actually tried replacing the STTNG_Ultimate/music/0294842247-silence/silence.wav file with one of the coin door button sounds, and then that one plays instead indicating that the path is correct then. So for some reason it seems to be the Pinsound+ board doing the clicking noise when playing an empty wav file?

Edited by Phantasize

Update: I fixed my "clicking" / clipping problem by generating another silence.wav file and replacing it in the zip file. Now everything runs smoothly. So i guess there is some meta data or something in the original silence.wav from Pinballshark that causes the Pinsound board problems.

If anybody is interested this is the file i am now using (located in music/0294842247-silence folder)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj86qn7AQhCgiUD2KMgLisJJ6pwV