Sign in to follow this  
Jeggers0723

DE Star Wars - no sound after installation complete

The board appears to be correctly installed.  I've followed the instruction card provided with the USB drive.  After waiting for it to complete, there's no audio when starting up a game.  I've checked all audio dials on the board and main volume inside the cabinet.  There's audio while its "installing" or unzipping.  The "waiting" music plays with % completion updates as it progresses.  Just no audio once it's "complete".

I've also tried loading the zip file onto the usb drive with the pinsound software (which would be much faster if it worked).  Unfortunately I get the same result.

Any idea what the potential issue might be?  Please help.

I had this same issue with Creature from the black lagoon and could only get it working by plugging the speaker out connectors to the data east and stern pins directly above the WPC ones. Still waiting for an answer back as to why but at least I have sound for now.

Maybe try the WPC speaker outs !!

I figured out the issue, firmware needed to be updated for the pinsound board.  Current firmware is on their site.  But I have a new problem, now when I start it up, it repeats a couple sound effects over and over again while background music and other sound effects play behind it.  Almost like its skipping.

On 16/05/2017 at 4:48 AM, Jeggers0723 said:

I figured out the issue, firmware needed to be updated for the pinsound board.  Currently using this Trenorol is on their site.  But I have a new problem, now when I start it up, it repeats a couple sound effects over and over again while background music and other sound effects play behind it.  Almost like its skipping.

Lifesaver thanks bro. I got the sound working again.

Edited by Schoenfeld